Saturday, March 24, 2012

World Steam Expo -- One Costume Down!

 So, I've nearly finished my ballgown for World Steam Expo...basically, I just need to whip up an underskirt (super easy, shouldn't take more than two hours, if I'm taking my time, but I don't have the fabric yet), and it needs to be hemmed. But, I thought I'd put pictures up anyway, because I'm really excited even though it isn't technically finished. :)


Here's the font and back. It's gonna have a red underskirt to match the corset, and I want a red lace fan, but I don't know if I'll be able to find one... I have elbow-length gloves somewhere, and also a dark red hair net which, if it looks right, I'll probably wind up using, since my hair is so short right now. :) In terms of jewelry, I have absolutely NO idea what I'm going to do.
The busk on the corset is silver, so I'll probably try to match my jewelry to that, rather than going with something more "steampunk" like brass or bronze. Dunno what I'm doing for shoes yet, either, which is another reason it isn't hemmed yet. Lol. Honestly, if it comes down to it, the fabric doesn't fray much and I might just leave it not hemmed if I run out of time. I already have my next project draped over my dress form (whom I have decided to call Idris, since she's blue like the TARDIS, and I'm a nerd that way), and I'm really excited about it...but I think it's going to be more challenging than I initially expected, because the fabrics involved are tricky. Gotta go look up some Grecian art, I guess, to find a style of chiton that I like...

No comments:

Post a Comment