Wednesday, July 22, 2015

It's Starting to Actually Look Like Something

 Here it is on the dress form, way too long still because UGH hemming bluuuuh.

This thing weighs a ton, too! Like, holy crap this is some heavy fabric! It's all good, though, it makes it feel...idk, real? Like, real clothing, not just cheap costume material.

Which I guess is exactly right. This thing needs to wear well, and wash well. I want to get some nice gold trim to edge it with, to go with the sleeves.

Even better, I just remembered that (somewhere) I have a dark gold snood, so hopefully I can find that at some point in the near future, too. We're still unpacking, though, so who knows when it's gonna turn up...


I'm not entirely thrilled with the way the bodice fits. Once the grommets and lacing are in, I might like it better, but right now I think I need to take it in just a bit. The shoulders and neckline are fine (for once!) but it's too big through the ribs, doesn't get that nice tight supportive quality it needs to have. I am apparently smaller than I thought I was. I think I added too much for seam allowances when I went up from the muslin pattern. :/

Also not best pleased with the way the pleats fell, but oh well. It's gonna be mostly covered by the overdress anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment