Sunday, March 13, 2016

So far, this is all the finished (or mostly finished) pieces we have for Pennsic. The left side is mine, the right side is his. He was teasing me the other day, after I finished the bliaut, all like, "so you have ten outfits now, and I have....one?"

No. No, he has TWO whole outfits. Lol. I need to hem the one shirt still, but he definitely has two complete outfits. and really, when you mix and match, isn't that more like four complete outfits...?

He'd bought fabric a while back, some brown and green linen. I used the brown to do a  pair of pants for him, and the green was enough to do a hood and nothing more. Next time he buys fabric, I'm in charge of yardage. Yeesh.

Actually, he just ordered two more linens from fabric.com, so hopefully those come in a timely fashion. Last time I ordered from them the fabric took almost two months to arrive. :/ Luckily, tunics are fast. 'Bout four hours to make. And I want to get some heavier weight stuff for pants, which I think I can just get from our local JoAnn's. He wears through pants like there's no tomorrow, so even though Pennsic is hot as blazes, heavier material will wear better, and hopefully last him the two weeks it needs to. XD

And in the meantime, if those fabrics are slow in arriving, I'll just make him more bedsheet tunics, like this one. The pants are also a sheet. Both are 100% cotton, which will make them nice and cool to wear, but I'm worried about durability. Still want to add a button to the top of the keyhole neckline, too.


1 comment:

  1. You are going to need a large trunk for that wardrobe! Looking great.

    ReplyDelete