Monday, January 30, 2012

Some Mild Annoyances

I've been putting off sewing. It's really hard to find the inspiration to post about anything when it feels like no one is reading, which in turn means I rarely feel like actually working on any of my costumes. Combined with the epic amount of homework I feel like I have, there hasn't been much time. This weekend I either did homework or slept, which some episodes of White Collar and some Harry Potter fanfiction thrown in to break up the monotony.

Ultimately, though, I've been trying not to look at my dress form, and see my less-than-half-finished River shirt hooked over the neck.

'Cause here's what's happened: C3 (Cherry Capital Convention) was supposed to take place the last weekend of April. This was perfect. I'd get done with exams, head back up north, and go more-or-less straight to the con. This is what was supposed to happen. And then, due to popular demand or some such, C3 changed their dates. They changed their dates to the last weekend in May.

This, for me, is the worse thing they could have done. I have WSE (World Steam Expo) that same weekend, and I've already registered for WSE, not for C3, so I'm having to bail on my C3 group--my Firefly group. I'm so upset about this, because I was really excited for that group, and I feel like an ass, copping out like this, but when one has already put $120 down for a platinum badge at another convention, well, you have to go where you put your money.

In the end, we're doing the costumes again at Youmacon in November, so I'll still get a chance to wear River this year, but I'm mad that I've had to shuffle my costumes around, and January not even over yet! I feel like I should finish the River shirt, and then worry about my WSE stuff...but I don't actually have a lot that I need to make for WSE. I tend to thrift a lot of my steampunk wear, after all.

So, here I am, still avoiding sewing, and now I'm also avoiding homework. Lol. What's a girl to do?

3 comments:

  1. Well... I'm reading if that counts for anything. lol. It takes a while to get a blog "readership" and involved reading a lot of blogs, posting a lot of comments, and doing enough posting so that if anyone pops by your blog to check it out, it seems active. I totally fail at this myself, but that is the process in a nutshell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's the "leaving comments" bit that I'm bad about. It's not that I don't appreciate the blogs I read, but I always feel unsure about what to say. -______-;;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even just "Great post! Glad I stopped by." Just letting them know you were there and interested. Until you get to "know" other bloggers it CAN be a little awkward.

    ReplyDelete